Reserve Your Spot to Drive to the Top of Pikes Peak
With the opening of the new Pikes Peak Summit Visitor Center, driving to the summit is in high demand. For the convenience of guests planning on driving themselves to the summit, a reserved time slot is now required to park on top.
There are more than 55 exciting things to see and do in Colorado Springs and the Pikes Peak Region.
Colorado Springs is a destination for the curious. Explore new terrains and take in the natural beauty. Inhale the mountain air, exhale your worries.
Your only job in Colorado Springs is to find adventure.
Top Region Experiences to Add to Your Itinerary
1. Soar above the Royal Gorge Strap in and soar across the Royal Gorge on the countries highest zip line. Hold on tight as you take in 360-degree views of the Arkansas River, 1,000 feet below you. Don't look down doesn't apply here.
2. Climb Aboard a Rolling Restaurant The Royal Gorge Route Railroad is a breathtaking and memorable train ride through the Colorado Rockies. Enjoy gorgeous scenery, great service and delicious food, sourced locally and prepared fresh right on board the train for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
3. Explore Trip Advisors #1 Park Explore towering red rock formations with numerous hiking trails and viewpoint pull-offs. Whether you're leisurely strolling along the pristine, paved walkways or climbing to the top of a rock, you'll be sure to see spectacular views, lush vegetation and local wildlife.
4. Stand atop Pikes Peak - America's Mountain Summit the 14,115-feet of the mountain that inspired Katharine Lee Bates to write America the Beautiful. Drive, hike or bike your way up this beloved landmark and enjoy views usually reserved for the heavens.
5. Tackle award-winning rapids of the Arkansas River Get your adrenaline pumping with a thrilling ride down the whitewater of the Arkansas River. Climb aboard a raft with one of our many professional rafting outfitters and choose your adventure — from mild, family floats to heart-pumping advanced adventures, Colorado Springs has the perfect trip for you.
Get inspired by stories of our country’s greatest athletes & explore hundreds of artifacts at the new U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Museum, created with input from Team USA athletes for an authentic experience. Go for the gold & fuel your Olympic- and Paralympic-sized dreams!