Seeking high energy, high altitude adventure? Skate hard, tackle the rapids, take in some nature and experience the roar of a lion all here in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado Springs.
- Memorial Park Skate and BMX Park - At 40,000 square feet, this professionally designed and constructed, competition-size skate area has features that will thrill and excite inline skaters, skateboarders, and BMX bikers.
- Front Range Climbing - Whether you’re just starting out or have been climbing for years, Front Range Climbing has the right climb and adventure for you. We offer some of the best guided rock climbing in Colorado. Try our climbing instruction from the very basics of the sport to the cutting edge of technical climbing.
- Adventures Out West - Whether you are looking for a high-thrill jeep ride, a high flying balloon adventure over the beautiful landscape of the Pikes Peak region or an amazing tour through Garden of the Gods on a Segway, any thrill seeker will find lasting memories for a lifetime.
Take an action-packed adventure and explore natural wonders, learn about exotic animals and take a look back into Colorado's rugged roots.
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo - America's only mountain zoo where you'll watch the morning feeding, and see the staff care for the collection of more than 750 exotic animals.
- Cave of the Winds - First opened in 1880, it is the oldest attraction in the region and includes a guided tour through 20 beautiful and colorfully-lighted cavern rooms.
- Ghost Town Museum - As a true preservation of Colorado's western past, Ghost Town Museum is a fun and historic look back at the kind of Old West town that used to dot this region during the late 1800s and early 1900s.
- May Natural History Museum - This unique museum allows visitors to see 7,000 of the world's most beautiful and unusual invertebrates, including giant tropical insects from around the world.
Hit the Water!
You can't miss the thrill of experiencing Colorado whitewater! View the Arkansas River and Royal Gorge from all vantage points.
- Whitewater Rafting - All-day or half-day thrilling whitewater raft trips await you with reservations made through any of the river rafting companies in our region.
- Fishing - Colorado is home to world-class fishing.
Fossils, Flora, and Fauna
Learn about the natural beauty of the Pikes Peak region. See ancient fossils and amazing wildlife while taking in breathtaking scenery.
- Florissant Fossil Beds - Visit this unique park where you can hike in mountain meadows amongst ancient, petrified stumps of giant sequoias and see the delicate remains of flora and fauna.
- Mueller State Park - This park's 50 miles of trails provide a 5,000-acre playground for the hiker, mountain biker, wildlife watcher and winter sports enthusiast.
- Cheyenne Mountain State Park - Colorado's newest state park offers 20 miles of nature trails and scenic picnic sites as well as a variety of local wildlife.