Seeking high energy, high altitude adventure? Do you want to take it nice and easy? Skate hard, tackle the rapids, take in some nature and experience the roar of a lion all here in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado Springs.
- Whitewater Rafting - All-day or half-day thrilling whitewater raft trips await you with reservations made through any of the river rafting companies in the region.
- Adventures Out West - Whether you are looking for a high-thrill jeep ride, a high flying balloon adventure over the beautiful landscape of the Pikes Peak region or an amazing tour through Garden of the Gods on a Segway, any thrill seeker will find lasting memories for a lifetime.
- The Manitou Incline - This advanced level trail is not for the faint-of-heart! With more than 2,000 feet in elevation gain in just under a mile, this will push your endurance and lung capacity to its limits.
- You gotta Via Ferrata! - Strap into the track cable for an exhilarating climbing activity through spectacular mountain terrain on a two hour guided tour under the close supervision of experienced guides.
- Cloudscraper Zip Line - Soar more than 1,200 feet above the roaring Arkansas River at the Royal Gorge Bridge and Park. With 360-degree views of the Royal Gorge, you'll have plenty of places to look instead of looking down.
You can't miss the thrill of experiencing Colorado whitewater! View the Arkansas River and Royal Gorge from all vantage points.
- Memorial Park Skate and BMX Park - At 40,000 square feet, this professionally designed and constructed, competition-size skate area has features that will thrill inline skaters, skateboarders and BMX bikers alike.
- Front Range Climbing - Whether you’re just starting out or have been climbing for years, Front Range Climbing has the right climb and adventure for you. We offer some of the best-guided rock climbing in Colorado. Try our climbing instruction from the very basics of the sport to the cutting edge of technical climbing.
- Segway Tour - Hop on a segway and cruise through gorgeous terrain in style at Garden of the Gods Park and North Cheyenne Canon.
- Giddy UP! - Saddle up and hit the trail on a trusty steed with Academy Riding Stables. The city has trails and parks that offer riding through Garden of the Gods Park or Cheyenne Canyon. If you prefer wide open spaces, you can visit one of the many dude ranches in the area and ride with real cowboys and cowgirls
- Bike it - There are numerous ways to enjoy the Pikes Peak region on two wheels. Whether you prefer rough and rugged mountain biking, an electric bike ride through a park or grabbing a bike share around downtown, we've got the peddles to please!
Learn about the natural beauty of the Pikes Peak region. See ancient fossils and amazing wildlife while taking in breathtaking scenery.
- Florissant Fossil Beds - Visit this unique park where you can hike in mountain meadows amongst ancient, petrified stumps of giant sequoias and see the delicate remains of flora and fauna.
- Fishing - Cast a line in the award-winning world-class waters of the Arkansas River. Whether you prefer casting from a boat, fly fishing, guided or solo trips, Colorado Springs has the perfect fishing excursion to sit back and relax in nature.
- Cheyenne Mountain State Park - Colorado's newest state park offers 20 miles of nature trails and scenic picnic sites as well as a variety of local wildlife to spot along the serene, winding paths.
- Paddle your Cares Away - hop on a stand-up paddleboard and enjoy the pristine waters of Palmer Lake, Prospect Lake, Quail Lake or any of the reservoirs around Pikes Peak - America's Mountain.
- Garden of the Gods Park - This Trip Advisor voted #1 Park has pristine, paved walkways that are perfect for a leisurely stroll through towering red rock formations, lush vegetation and local wildlife.
Still Can't Decide?
See a full list of all the excitinng outdoor activities that the Pikes Peak region has to offer below.