From Jeep rides to passenger vans, there a variety of options to reach the top of Pikes Peak.
Reaching the top of America’s most visited mountain will be easier than ever this summer. Four local tour operators have started running daily tours for visitors as an alternative route up Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain with the current closure of The Broadmoor Pikes Peak Cog Railway.
1. ADVENTURES OUT WEST – Tours are offered for individuals and groups. Guests can choose from Jeep, Hummer or van tours, each holding up to six passengers. Adventures Out West offers two morning departures as well as custom tours. Price per person includes tours, all fees for the highway, free parking in Manitou Springs, wool lap blankets and refreshments. For booking please call 719.578.0935 or visit their website.
When: Daily departures at 7:55 and 8:25 a.m.
Cost: $79 - $99
2. GRAY LINE PIKES PEAK TOURS – Enjoy a four-hour round-trip tour,14,115 feet high to the summit of Pikes Peak. Depart from the Pikes Peak Depot Gift Shop located in downtown Colorado Springs. Enjoy the comfort of the Gray Line luxury coach and relax, as your professional driver handles the 156 turns of the incredible Pikes Peak Highway. The tour has several stops, including 30 minutes while on the summit. Visit their website or call 719.465.1871.
- Adults $69.50
- Children 12 and under $39.50
Groups of 20 or more are eligible for a group rate. Please call 719.465.1871 for more information
3. MANITOU SPRINGS ADVENTURES – Tours are offered for individuals and smaller groups. Climb into a Jeep Wrangler before heading up the highway with a variety of scenic stops. Tours include ample water, trail mix, granola bars, and complimentary donuts from the Summit House. Bookings can be made in advance online or by calling 719.761.4100 or 303.204.4950.
When: Through May 24, 2019, 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. After May 25, 2019, 7 a.m., 11 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Cost: Adults $80, Children 12 and under, seniors and military $70, children 2 and under free
4. ROCKY MOUNTAIN RIDE – Perfect for large families, smaller vans seat up to 8 passengers and larger vans seat up to 12. These shuttles provide transportation for roundtrip sightseers and one-way trips down the mountain for hikers. Tours include gate fees. Reservations can be made two weeks prior to departure online or call 719.362.6332.
When: Beginning June 1, 2019, departure at 8 a.m., summit departure for hikers at 3 p.m.
Cost: Monday – Thursday $60, Friday – Sunday $80
*Please note information is subject to change.*