Current Hours of Operation
Effective October 1, 2022 through May 25, 2023
- Uphill Gates Open at 9 a.m.
- Uphill Gates Close at 3 p.m.
- Pikes Peak Summit Closes at 4 p.m.
- Downhill Gates Close at 5 p.m.
Current General Admission Fee
Effective May 1 through November 30, 2022
- Adults (ages 16+) - $15 per person
- Children (ages 6-15) - $5 per person
Visitors can also take advantage of a special Carload Discount Rate (up to 5 passengers) for $50 per car, with $10 per additional adult and $2 per additional child.
The Northslope Recreational Area opens May 1 for fishing and is accessible for $5 per adult (free for children ages 6-15).
For the latest updates and information on hours and rates, including details on annual passes, group rates and more, click here.
Accepted forms of payment are Visa, MasterCard, Discover and cash. Find a coupon for $2 off in the back of the Official Visitor Guide.
Be sure to check the weather before you go. Part of the highway could be closed due to snow. Always bring a jacket, even in the summer months. The temperature is, on average, close to 30 degrees cooler at the top. Find the Pikes Peak Summit forecast here: National Weather Service
Picnic areas can be found along the highway. Look for the pull-offs with the picnic signs on the side of the road and on the map that you will receive at the tollgate.
Visit the official Pikes Peak - America's Mountain website for a list of vehicles permitted on the highway.
The following are prohibited on Pikes Peak Highway:
- Pull-Behind trailers or campers of any size, including bicycle and motorcycle trailers
- ATVs or OHVs
- Mopeds or scooters that do not meet the listed requirements
- Skateboards or longboards
For safety information visit the Pikes Peak – America's Mountain website.