This year, it’s not important how you participate in the Polar Plunge, it’s important that you participate.
It’s time to get #FreezinforaReason for Special Olympics Colorado! The Special Olympics Polar Plunge is a signature event that motivates communities statewide to take a quick, fun, chilly dip to raise funds and awareness for the mission and athletes of Special Olympics. Click here to register.
April 24, 2021 | 7am - 4pm
7:15 AM – 5K Registration
8:00 AM – Race Begins
8:30 AM – Plunge Registration
9:00 AM – Plunging Begins
4385 Tutt Blvd Colorado Springs 80922
Fee: $45 Fundraising Minimum
Runners receive a knit pom pom beanie, access to the gated Plunge Plaza where we’ll have socially distanced vendors, hot cocoa, and more.
- Start Times and Run Times
Start times for the run will be in waves with a limited # of runners per wave. Run times will start at 9:00 AM and end at 11:00 AM. All runners need to be off the course by 12:15 PM.
Fee: $75 Fundraising Minimum
Plungers receive a long-sleeve Polar Plunge t-shirt, access to Plunge Plaza and an “After Splash Bash – At Home” kit with discounts and coupons for free drinks/food from local restaurants and breweries.
- Start Times and Run Times
*Start times for the plunge will be in waves starting at 9:30 AM (may fluctuate a little bit depending on city ordinance).
Fee: $120 Fundraising Minimum
Your Team Captain will get to choose your run and plunge times before access is given to those who are just running or just plunging to ensure that you can participate in both.
- Warm-up with a run before your brave Plunge and receive all of the benefits above!
*Each plunge will award “top fundraising trophies” to the categories below and one “team spirit” trophy:
Highest Fundraising Team Overall, Highest Fundraising Individual, Highest Fundraising Law Enforcement Team, and Highest Fundraising School
This year, it’s not important how you participate in the Polar Plunge, it’s important that you participate. Make your own adventure by participating in the Virtual Polar Plunge. Organizers got extra creative this year to provide a fun and safe experience for all. More Info >
The rules are simple:
- Come up with a fun, creative way to Polar Plunge from home! See some ideas below.
- Share your Virtual Polar Plunge idea with family & friends using your personalized fundraising link (sent to you after you register) and ask them to support your efforts with a pledge ($75 fundraising min. for Adults or $50 for Special Olympics CO Athletes/Students).
- Complete and record your Virtual Plunge anytime from now through April 24.
- Post your Plunge to your social media pages and tag @SpecialOlympicsCO (Instagram) @SpecialOlympicsColorado (Facebook)!
Plungers receive a long-sleeve Polar Plunge t-shirt, access to Plunge Plaza and an “After Splash Bash – At Home” digital kit with discounts and coupons for free drinks/food from local restaurants and breweries. Plungers email email@example.com to coordinate a time to pick up your Plunge shirt during the week of April 19.
Click here to register for the Virtual Plunge
Support a Fundraiser & Plunger
Your donation directly benefits Special Olympics Colorado athletes by providing them the chance to succeed on and off the playing field. Donate here.
- $75: Funds one athlete’s participation in their favorite sport.
- $272: Provides Health Screenings that can detect health issues and provide life-saving exams to 10 athletes.
- $500: Funds one bowling team for one season, including three games per week and transportation.
- $1,000: Transforms college campuses into communities of acceptance and respect through SO College programs which unite the campus community with college-level SOCO athletes to provide inclusive athletic and social opportunities.
- $1,667: Trains one Clinical Director to help provide health services and education to athletes, changing the way healthcare workers interact with people with intellectual disabilities.
- $2,952: Brings Young Athletes programming to one preschool, creating opportunities for 55 children to develop life-long gross motor and social skills.
Want to learn more about Special Olympics Colorado or get involved? Please visit: www.specialolympicsco.org