This beginner survival class is designed for students that enjoy the outdoors but feel they need to improve upon their knowledge and skills to better prepare them for their adventures into the outdoors. You will learn the minimum survival skills for being lost in the woods. We take the most important elements out of the 5 Day Outdoor Survival Skills class and condense the class to the core priorities. The survival for beginners class will cover multiple aspects of survival focusing on modern techniques with a mix of primitive skills to teach beginners to be more aware of their surroundings so that they may improves with tools that are provided by mother nature.
What to Expect:
- Day 1 we will cover survival basics in both a hands on and lecture format. We will teach the Rule of Threes, proper gear selection and use, as well as several fire starting methods. You will learn how to effectively use modern fire making tools, best practices on starting a fire, camp cooking and more.
- Day 2 we will take you through the steps of building modern and primitive emergency shelters, lost proofing, signaling, water purification vs filtration, animal encounters and other survival basics that could keep you safe in the backcountry.
Minimum gear need (We will not provide you with any gear, so please come prepared):
- Overnight camping gear to include shelter and sleeping bag.
- Fixed Blade Full Tang Knife (WITHOUT a serrated edge)
- Folding Saw
- 100? Paracord
- Food (Plenty of time will be given to prepare meals on site)
- Flashlight or Headlamp
- Outdoor clothing, boots, and wet weather gear
- Insect Repellent