It’s important to find the perfect place to propose. Lucky for you, Colorado Springs and the Pikes Peak region is full of scenic beauty and romantic spots. These romantic places to propose in Colorado Springs are bound to wow your significant other. Whether you are looking to wine and dine at a fancy restaurant, watch the sunset over the mountains or even ask for their hand after an intense hike, these romantic places to propose in Colorado Springs and throughout the region will provide you with the setting for your perfect proposal.
1. Breathtaking sunset overlooking Garden of the Gods Park
- There is a perfect spot to watch the sunrise and sunset overlooking all of the beautiful red rocks of Garden of the Gods Park including the famed Kissing Camels rock formation. Called the Mesa Overlook by locals, there is a small parking lot off Mesa Road, just north of the Lodge at the Garden of the Gods Club. It has a breathtaking view of the Garden of the Gods with Pikes Peak in the background. Grab a blanket, pack a picnic and take in the awe-inspiring views at this beautiful setting.
2. Romantic train ride through the Royal Gorge
- The Royal Gorge near Canon City is a sight to be seen and even more romantic when seen from the Royal Gorge Route Railroad. Enjoy a delicious dinner onboard and you’ll find it’s a very romantic place to propose.
3. Gorgeous views after an extreme workout - the Manitou Incline
- Do you and your loved one enjoy the outdoors and working out together? The Manitou Incline offers a truly unique workout with an exceptional view at the summit. As you climb the Incline, you’ll gain 2,000 feet in elevation in less than one mile. Be sure to catch your breath before popping the big question!
4. Wine and dine at Colorado’s only 5-star restaurant – the Penrose Room
- The Penrose Room at the Broadmoor Hotel is sure to impress your significant other. Enjoy a five-course meal at Colorado’s only 5-star restaurant. After a delectable dessert, take a stroll around the Broadmoor Lake, find a private bench and ask for your loved one’s hand in marriage.
- Here is a list of more fine dining restaurants in the Colorado Springs region
5. The 14,115 foot summit of Pikes Peak
- If the view from the summit of Pikes Peak can inspire Katharine Lee Bates to pen “America the Beautiful”, it will surely inspire your significant other to say “yes!” when you pop the question. There are four ways to get to the summit of Pikes Peak:
6. Enjoy a romantic weekend getaway
- Stay at one of the area's rustic cabins or quaint B&Bs for the weekend. Inform the owners that you're planning to propose that weekend and they will help you plan an unforgettable moment.
7. High above The Broadmoor Seven Falls
- Known as the "grandest mile of scenery in Colorado", the cascading waters of the natural waters are the ideal Colorado soundtrack to getting on bended knee. Take a moment at the base of the falls, or elevate your proposal at the top of the 224-staircase overlooking the box canyon below.