Top 9 High Altitude Tips
To enjoy your visit here in Colorado Springs, here are the top 9 high altitude tips to keep in mind to give your body time to adjust to the altitude and prevent altitude sickness:
- Stay below 7,000 feet the first day (the city of Colorado Springs is 6,035 feet above sea level.)
- Give your body time to adjust (there's lots to see and do at lower altitudes.)
- Avoid strenuous exercise the first day.
- Limit alcohol intake. Alcohol binds oxygen and water and robs your body of these two important nutrients.
- Drink more water. The air is drier and your body will dehydrate much more quickly. The higher up you go, the more water you should drink.
- Always travel with a companion. If someone begins to experience severe coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath or chest pain, get him or her to a lower altitude as quickly as possible.
- The effects of some drugs such as tranquilizers can be greatly increased at higher altitudes. Be sure to check with your doctor first before exerting yourself at higher altitudes.
- If you are baking during your visit, be sure to follow the high altitude instructions.
- Discover the endless benefits provided by Vitamin IV Hydration Therapy at Revivology!
- Get plenty of good rest and enjoy yourself!