Visit Colorado Springs is dedicated to protecting the environment, preserving our natural resources and reducing our carbon footprint. Below are some of the steps we’ve taken to accomplish our “green” objectives
City and Community Initiatives
- We have an active biking and trails community to encourage this mode of transportation.
- Colorado Springs Utilities offers extensive education and incentives for people to reduce energy consumption.
- Colorado has joined California as one of the first states to join an Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers' initiative to reduce fuel use and cut carbon emissions.
- We have a xeriscape center that shows you how to have beautiful landscaping that doesn't require too much watering.
- We invite our marketing and community partners to let us know how their organizations are going green!
For more information about green initiatives and sustainability in the Pikes Peak region, please visit these websites:
- City of Colorado Springs Sustainability
- Green Cities Coalition of the Pikes Peak Region
- Pikes Peak Sustainable Business Network
- El Paso County Environmental Division
Visit Colorado Springs is dedicated to protecting the environment, preserving our natural resources and reducing our carbon footprint. Below are some of the steps we’ve taken to accomplish our “green” objectives:
Our publications are printed on 10% post-consumer paper and we always look for opportunities to do more of our printing on environmentally friendly paper or to switch to electronic communications.
We have switched to electronic communications for monthly Partners newsletters and event invitations. Our printed visitor guide is also available as an online publication.
We recycle paper, cardboard, cans, plastic bottles, batteries and light bulbs. The bags that we provide to meeting planners are made from recyclable material.
We share rides whenever possible as we attend events throughout the region and the state.
We’re turning off lights, computers, and heaters when heading home for the evening.
Our organization has a partnership with Catamount Institute, a local organization dedicated to heightening the community's awareness of environmental and sustainable issues. Our Chief Innovation Officer is Board President for Keep Colorado Springs Beautiful. VCOS is a member of Leave No Trace and supports Care for Colorado Principles.
Carbon Cut Colorado
Mother Nature needs a break. Carbon Cut Colorado is a practical solution to the damaging effects of carbon emissions. Now YOU and your business can become a partner of Carbon Cut Colorado. Through the site, you can balance the carbon footprint of your utility use and travel. There are also additional ways to support the Energy Resource Center through financial contributions, outreach to your community or a custom package blending multiple offerings.