Alexea Veneracion of Visit Colorado Springs Named One of 30 Future Destination Leaders
Veneracion accepted into Destinations International’s 2022 30 Under 30 Program
April 5, 2022 – Colorado Springs, Colo. – Visit Colorado Springs is thrilled to announce that Director of Communications Alexea Veneracion has been named one of Destinations International’s 2022 30 Under 30 recipients.
Veneracion joined Visit COS in February 2020 after spending five years at a public relations agency. Soon after joining the tourism industry, she led the team through navigating communications strategy during the COVID pandemic.
”We are very proud of Alexea, knowing this is a very competitive program," said Amy Long, Chief Innovation Officer at Visit Colorado Springs. “This experience will take her leadership credentials to the next level. She’s passionate about creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re fortunate to have her in our organization and industry, and we’d like to ensure she continues her tourism promotion career for many years."
Destinations International is committed to investing and preparing the leaders of tomorrow and developing future industry leaders that represent a diverse set of backgrounds and perspectives. Each year, 30 individuals under the age of 30, are selected to gain valuable industry networking opportunities and increased thought leadership throughout the year. The honorees originate from a variety of destination organizations of all sizes and countries.
A diverse and inclusive workplace is central to our industry’s ability to attract, develop, and retain the talent it needs to remain competitive, drive innovation and maintain relevance. Studies on equity, diversity and inclusion show that there is an opportunity for training and education for entry and midlevel employees that would have a long-term impact to implement equity, diversity and inclusion practices and be deliberate on succession planning.
“The 30 Under 30 program remains critical to our organization’s vision and mission,” said Don Welsh, president and CEO of Destinations International. “As our industry moves toward recovery, we are especially excited to announce these young professionals as they are the future of the travel and tourism industry.”
To learn more about each honoree, click here.
The 2022 30 Under 30 Class Includes:
- Sinothando Adonisi, Researcher, Cape Town Tourism
- Kayla Adams, Sports Sales Manager, Greensboro Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Deanna Barclay, Senior Manager, Content, Visit Baltimore
- April Brown, Special Events Manager, South Padre Island Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Annie Cameron, Senior Marketing Content Manager, Discover Halifax
- Olivia Celata, Marketing & Travel Trade Promotions Manager, New Orleans & Company
- Skylar Clark, Director, Partner Marketing, Brand USA
- Tyler Cole, Economic Development Officer - Sports & Events, Fort McMurray Wood Buffalo Economic Development & Tourism
- Zhavier Harris, Marketing Specialist, Visit Springfield
- Danielle Keller, Business Applications Specialist, Explore St. Louis
- Nick Kleva, Sports Tourism Manager, Visit South Bend Mishawaka
- Krystal Kusmieruk, Digital Marketing Manager, Visit Greater Palm Springs
- Ophélie Le Livec, Creative Design Specialist, VisitNorfolk
- Katie Ligon, Executive Assistant to the President/CEO, Memphis Tourism
- Brianna McEnroe, Social Media & Digital Communications Manager, Discover Long Island
- Kellie Myers, Convention Services Manager, Oklahoma City Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Olivia Novak, Marketing Manager, Discover Lancaster
- Kaitlyn Parham, Digital Marketing & Design Director, Cobb Travel & Tourism
- Chris Riggins, Destination Marketing Manager, Destination Bryan
- Mary Rowe, Tourism Sales Administration Manager, Nashville Convention & Visitors Corporation
- Celeste Rodriguez, Digital Communications Specialist, Reno-Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority (Visit Reno Tahoe)
- Taylor Savage, National Sales Manager, Experience Columbus
- Amy Shen, Sales Coordinator, Destination Toronto
- Mallory Snyder, Vice President of Business Development, Visit York County
- Lindsey Steck, Marketing & Communications Manager, Visit Pensacola
- Courtney Swenson, Marketing Manager, Stafford County, Virginia
- Davelyn Tardi, Communications Manager, Discover Puerto Rico
- Alexea Veneracion, Director of Communications, Visit Colorado Springs
- Jonathan Walker, Sports Sales Manager, Providence Warwick Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Rasheedi Williams, Group Development Account Representative, Visit Orlando
Now in its 12th year, the 30 Under 30 program is supported by founding program partner, SearchWide Global and sponsored by Fired Up! Culture, Northstar Meetings Group and PCMA. For more information on the 30 Under 30 Program and the 2022 30 Under 30 class, please visit destinationsinternational.org/general-information/30-under-30.
About the Destinations International Foundation
The Destinations International Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering destination marketers globally by providing education, research, advocacy and leadership development. The Foundation is classified as a charitable organization, under Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code and all donations to the Foundation are tax deductible. For more information visit www.destinationsinternational.org.
About Destinations International
Destinations International is the world’s largest resource for official destination organizations, convention and visitors bureaus (CVBs) and tourism boards. Destinations International is about serving destination marketing professionals first and foremost. Together with more than 6,500 members and partners from over 650 destinations in approximately 13 countries, Destinations International represents a powerful forward-thinking, collaborative association that exchanges bold ideas, connects innovative people and elevates tourism to its highest potential. For more information, visit www.destinationsinternational.org.
About Visit Colorado Springs
Visit Colorado Springs is the leading marketing organization for group and leisure travel and tourism to the Colorado Springs – Olympic City USA and the Pikes Peak Region. The organization is dedicated to a strong national and international presence so that tourism is a primary contributor to a thriving local economy. We create economic vitality through memorable visits to the wonders of Colorado Springs and the Pikes Peak Region.
#VisitCOS on Facebook//Twitter//Instagram//YouTube//Pinterest//Blog