From late August through October, works of Colorado Springs artists who have Alzheimer’s Disease will be on display at eight senior living communities and libraries throughout the area.
The traveling display of watercolor paintings will be part of the Alzheimer’s Association Memories in the Making® art program for individuals with Alzheimer’s disease or related dementia's.
The exhibit will open August 21 at MacKenzie Place and closed in late October after a full month run at Pikes Peak Library District East Library.
There will be 34 framed paintings and 45 matted paintings, with all available for purchase and proceeds benefiting the Alzheimer’s Association.
The traveling exhibit locations include:
- August 21-26: MacKenzie Place (1605 Elm Creek View)
- August 28-September 2: Morningstar at Mountain Shadows (5355 Centennial Blvd.)
- September 4-9: New Dawn Memory Care (4185 Briargate Pkwy)
- September 11-16: Jackson Creek Senior Living (16601 Jackson Creek Pkwy.)
- September 18-23: Springs Ranch Memory Care (3315 Emmett View Drive)
- September 21: America the Beautiful Park
- September 25-30: Brookdale Skyline (2365 Patriot Heights)
- October 2-27: Pikes Peak Library District East (5550 N Union Blvd.)
“The public can see what joy participants receive when creating art even though their cognitive abilities may be impaired or they have lost the ability to use words,” said Betsy Cook, event coordinator. “The results are amazing, with artists expressing memories and emotions through painting.”
Next Upcoming Date: Friday, October 18 2019
Upcoming Dates For This Event:
- Friday, October 18
- Saturday, October 19
- Sunday, October 20
- Monday, October 21
- Tuesday, October 22
- Wednesday, October 23
- Thursday, October 24
- Friday, October 25
- Saturday, October 26
- Sunday, October 27