The Colorado Springs Pioneers Museum invites the community to join from the comfort of their home in celebrating Women’s Suffrage.
Colorado women gained the right to vote by popular referendum in 1893, a full 27 years before the 19th Amendment was ratified in August, 1920. The Museum is proud to offer an exciting day of online scholarly talks, live music and family-friendly activities in celebration of the centennial commemoration of Woman’s Suffrage.
Digital Events scheduled between 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. include:
- Live Digital Performance: Front Porch Singers
- Amazing Artifacts: Bloomer Girl Costumes
- Story Time with Pikes Peak Library District
- Digital Talk: This Shall be the Land For Women
- Live Digital Performance: New Orleans Rhythm Regulators
- Digital Talk: Women in Government in Colorado Springs
More details about each program are available at: https://www.cspm.org/womenshistory/ or call (719) 385-5990.