Each year, the Cultural Office's executive director, Andy Vick, "hits the road" to advocate in support of our regional arts community, and to obtain Arts Month Proclamations from our two counties, and six of our local municipalities. Proclamations are secured through the official public process, and a formal presentation is made in front of each body of elected leaders to help cultivate strong working relationships, to highlight the economic impact of our creative sector, and to raise awareness for the local Arts Month initiative that takes place each October across the Pikes Peak region.
Proclamation presentations are conducted during public meetings (usually towards the beginning of the meeting), and are open to everyone. Local artists, arts supporters, and community members are all encouraged to attend and lend their support and enthusiasm! Pictures of previous Arts Month Proclamations are below. Here is the schedule of 2019 Arts Month proclamations:
- Teller County: Thursday, September 12, 9:30AM (see photo below)
- Town of Monument: Monday, September 16, 6:30PM (see photo below)
- City of Manitou Springs: Tuesday, September 17, 6:00PM (see photo below)
- City of Cripple Creek: Wednesday, September 18,5:30PM (see photo below)
- City of Colorado Springs: Tuesday, September 24, 10:00AM (see photo below)
- City of Fountain: Tuesday, September 24, 6:00PM (see photo below)
- City of Woodland Park: Thursday, October 3, 7:00PM (see photo below)
- El Paso County: Thursday, October 10, 9:00AM
For more information about Arts Month, visit PeakRadar.com/ArtsMonth!