Hmmm. Here are some masterfully created cocktail concoctions that include a true, New Year's party staple - champagne! Take a cue from these local Colorado Springs mixologists to kick-off January.
Pomegranate Bling - The Famous, Colorado Springs, CO
- 1 ¼ oz Van Gogh Pomegranate Vodka
- SPLASH Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice
- TOP Zardetto Spumante
- Garnish with Grand Marnier-macerated fresh berries
Russian 75 - created by Nate Windham of The Blue Star
- 1 oz. gin
- 1/2 oz. homemade grenadine
- 3/4 oz. lemon juice
- 1 sprig fresh tarragon
- top with Champagne
- Shake 1-4 with ice and strain into a chilled flute.
Fill with Champagne. Garnish with a sprig of tarragon. Homemade grenadine - equal parts POM juice and sugar.
The Poinsettia - Garden of the Gods Club & Resort
- 3 oz Champagne
- 3 oz Cranberry juice
Garnished with a sprig of fresh chocolate mint (grown in-house)
Redheads are Better - created by Frank Frey of Nosh
- 1 oz spring 44 honey vodka
- 3/4 oz lemon juice
- 3/4 oz ginger simple syrup
- Shake and strain into champagne flute
- Top with champagne
- Garnish with lemon twist
Ginger simple: I cup sugar I cup water 2 tbsp chopped ginger Bring to boil and simmer for five minutes
Pink on the Inside - created by Eric Harry Nicol of The Principal’s Office
- 1 oz Smith and Cross Rum
- .25 oz fresh lemon juice
- .25 oz cranberry syrup
- 2 dashes of peychauds bitters
- top with champagne
- Shake w/ ice, ingredients 1-4.
- Strain into a chilled champagne coupe. Top with your favorite champagne.
Garnish with lemon twist and candied cranberries.
Syrup and Candied Cranberries
- 6oz white sugar
- 6oz water
- 1oz brandy
- 10 grams orange peel
- 1 vanilla bean
- 5 grams cardamom
Bring all ingredients to a boil. Add 20 fresh cranberries, put a plate over the cranberries to submerge them. Put in the fridge for 48 hours. Separate cranberries. Strain syrup w/ fine strainer. (syrup is done) Roll wet cranberries in equal parts white sugar and superfine sugar. Let dry for 12 hours. (cranberries done)