• 2/3 cup sugar
• 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
• 1/2 tsp. almond extract
• 2 cups flour
• 1/2 cup raspberry jam
• 1 cup powdered sugar
• 1 1/2 tsp. almond extract
• 2-3 tsp. water
1. Combine sugar, butter and almond extract. Beat on medium speed until creamy, 2-3 minutes. Reduce speed to low, add the flour. Beat until well mixed. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place 2-inches apart on cookie sheets. With thumb, make indentation in center (edges may crack slightly). Fill each indentation with about 1/4 teaspoon jam. Bake for 14-18 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet. Cool completely.
1. In a small bowl with a wire whisk, stir together the powdered sugar, almond extract, and water until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies.
Makes 3 1/2 dozen cookies.