- 1 1/4 lb ground beef blend, Chef Jay Gust uses a beef/pork/veal blend but all beef will work as well
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup potato chips, measure after finely crushing them
- 1 1/2 Tbsp meatball spice mix, ours is a mix of paprika, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup arugula (measure after pulsing in a food processor)
- Using a food processor, pulse the potato chips and arugula.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the meat and mix well.
- Add the meat to the mix and fold until well blended.
- Using a 1 oz. scoop as a guide, roll out the meatball mix.
- Place the meatballs on a sheet tray lined with aluminum foil and sprayed with food release spray
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Serve with your favorite tomato sauce and enjoy.