Servings: Makes 2 8x4x2 Inch Loaf Pans
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 cups chopped plums
1 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons sugar (For Topping)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (For Topping)
2 tablespoons chopped pecans (For Topping)
- Mix sugars, oil, and egg.
- Combine dry ingredients. Add alternately to sugar mixture with buttermilk.
- Stir in plums and pecans.
- Pour batter into two 8x4x2 inch loaf pans.
- Combine topping ingredients. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean - about 60 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before turning out of pans.