This summer, Colorado Springs welcomes the return of historic attractions, brand-new facilities and new lodging, shopping, restaurant and brewery options. For visitors planning their next trip to the Pikes Peak Region, they can check out these highlights for a fresh itinerary.
Destinations for Adventurers & Champions
- Weidner Field – home opener May 21 – The new downtown stadium, Weidner Field, is the highest elevated professional sports stadium in the U.S. and the permanent home of the Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC soccer team.
- The Broadmoor Manitou and Pikes Peak Cog Railway – tickets on sale now for rides starting May 27 – The historic Cog Railway reopens after nearly four years of closure, featuring new trains, track and depot station.
- Pikes Peak Summit Visitor Center – opening in late June – The new, sustainably built Summit Visitor Center will replace the old facility atop Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain. The new building features new food and drink options, a gift shop and the world-famous summit donuts that can now be customized with various toppings.
- Rocky Mountain Motorcycle Museum – reopening this summer – The Rocky Mountain Motorcycle Museum is relocating to Downtown Colorado Springs and rolling out new displays, merchandise and more.
- Edward J Robson Arena – opening in October – The Ed Robson Arena is a multi-purpose sporting event venue that is the permanent rink of the Colorado College Tiger Hockey Team.
Places to Rest & Relax
- Kinship Landing – now open – This boutique hotel in the heart of Downtown Colorado Springs brings travelers and locals together around city and outdoor exploration. The hotel features shared bunk rooms, queen rooms, king suites and a camping deck, all with thoughtfully designed layouts.
- Wildwood Casino Cripple Creek – rooms available June 1 – Experience Vegas-style thrills at Wildwood, the highest destination for 24/7 gambling in the world and located in the historic mining town of Cripple Creek.
- Hampton Inn Colorado Springs I-25 Central – opening in June – Located right off I-25 near the Air Force Academy and a short walk from shops and restaurants.
- Staybridge Suites Colorado Springs Powers-NE – opening in October – Located off Woodmen Road near Powers Blvd, the hotel features studio, one- and two-bedroom suites with separate living and sleeping areas and amazing views of Pikes Peak.
- Hyatt Place Downtown – opening this fall – Hyatt Place Hotel is under construction on Kiowa and Nevada Ave. in Downtown Colorado Springs.
Bites & Sips for Hungry Explorers
- The 555/Fritzy’s – now open – Munchie’s food truck has expanded to a brick-and-mortar location. The upstairs space now contains The 555 (Triple Nickel) and downstairs is Fritzy’s bar.
- Birdcall – now open – This chicken joint is dedicated to serving 100% all-natural chicken and giving back to the community.
- blue at Red Gravy – now open – blue is a place for musicians and the community to come together and celebrate music again while enjoying small bites and signature cocktails.
- Dainty’s Kitchen – now open – Dainty’s is a Jamaican kitchen featuring dishes like oxtail, eggrolls, curry and Jerk chicken.
- Garden of the Gods Market & Café – now open – Garden of the Gods Market & Café relocated to Downtown Colorado Springs and offers a full menu alongside a grab-n-go market and baked goods. TILL Kitchen is coming soon to offer dinner service at the location, and Vine & Wheel will offer cheese and wine.
- HOMA Café & Bar at Kinship Landing – now open – Located at Kinship Landing, HOMA Café & Bar is open to the public, not just Kinship Landing overnight guests. The all-day menu features fresh, locally sourced ingredients and a full bar.
- ICONS – now open – ICONS is Colorado Springs’ exclusive gay piano bar geared toward the LGBTQIA+ community.
- In-N-Out Burger – now open – Located on the corner of Interquest Pkwy and Voyager Pkwy, In-N-Out Burger uses only the freshest ingredients with no heat lamps, freezers or microwaves.
- Mash Mechanix Brewing Company – now open – This brewery and taproom features various food trucks and brews.
- Mici Handcrafted Italian – now open – Mici’s first location in Colorado Springs is now open off Powers Blvd.
- Red Swing Brewhouse – now open – Red Swing Brewhouse is about family, community, inspiration and innovation and is located in Downtown Colorado Springs.
- Tejon Eatery – opening July 8 – Tejon Eatery will feature nine restaurants and two full bars, located with the Rocky Mountain Motorcycle Museum in Downtown Colorado Springs. Cuisines include lobster rolls, fresh juices, ramen and dumplings, BBQ, tacos, deli, mac n cheese, chicken and ice cream.
- White Pie Pizzeria – now open – White Pie Pizzeria is located downtown and features pizza and other Italian favorites as well as a happy hour from 3-6 pm.
Entertainment, Shopping and More
- Scheels – now open – Scheels is a sporting goods store featuring a 65-foot Ferris wheel, 16,000-gallon aquarium, interactive games plus a café and candy shop.
- 3E’s Comedy Club – now open – 3E’s is an entertainment and comedy venue that offers comedy classes, open mic nights, karaoke, shows and more.
- CLAY Venues – now open – CLAY is a wedding and event venue featuring industrial charm and located in the heart of Downtown Colorado Springs.
- ELKE Beauty – opening this summer – ELKE is a social self-care space and holistic beauty salon that celebrates each person’s natural beauty. Services offered include massage, skincare and nail care.
- Hin Salon – now open – Hin Salon offers color specialists, balayage and more and is Deva certified.
- Inherent Clothier – now open – Inherent Clothier focuses on custom menswear designed to inspire strength and awaken the confidence to overcome.
- The Living Room North – now open – This favorite downtown plant store now has a north location off Voyager Pkwy.
- The Ink Mason Parlour – now open – The Ink Mason Parlour is a tattoo shop in Downtown Colorado Springs.