If you’re planning a Valentine’s Day getaway or staycation with your significant other, the Pikes Peak Region has everything you need. Browse our recommendations for couples looking to relax and rejuvenate or those seeking a more adventurous weekend.
Stay somewhere special.
Let’s face it – it can get mundane spending every night at home (the pandemic hasn’t helped). Even if you’re from the area, some time away can be good for the soul. The Pikes Peak Region has PLENTY of awesome accommodations for a weekend away.
- Holden House – For couples looking for something quainter and more nestled away, Holden House is the perfect fit. The Bear-y Suite Valentine's Day package is $130 and can be used anytime through February 2021. It includes a dozen long-stemmed roses, chilled sparkling cider, Holden House personalized teddy bear, rubber ducky and two long-stemmed signature embossed Holden House wine glasses to toast the celebration. Cost is not included in the room rate. Call to book.
- Glen Eyrie Castle – It goes without saying that castles are romantic, but Glen Eyrie’s historic architecture and beautiful property is sure to send Cupid’s arrow flying. The Castle is offering Valentine’s Day packages that includes a private carriage ride, winter tea, hiking around the property, a scavenger hunt, a special dinner in the Great Hall and more.
- Wildwood Casino – Just 45 minutes from Colorado Springs, historic Cripple Creek is the perfect getaway for couples looking for a little fun. Wildwood Casino is offering a Valentine’s Day special that includes a standard room and dinner for two, plus a champagne voucher, for $179. You can test your luck at the slot machines too!
- Hotel Elegante – Located conveniently close to downtown Colorado Springs and nearby hiking trails, Hotel Elegante is a great option for a romantic weekend getaway. The Valentine’s Day Romance Package starts at $129 per night and includes spacious overnight accommodations, romantic champagne and chocolate truffles and breakfast for two in Rustler’s Country Café. You’ll also get a second night in a standard room for only $89.
Indulge your senses.
Wine, chocolate, oysters – need we go on? Food and drink can be the quickest way to the heart, and the region has plenty of it.
- Uva Wine Bar – Join Uva Wine Bar for a special Valentine’s Day dinner prepared by Chef Josh. There will be a prix fixe menu at $59 per person featuring Caesar salad, steak or salmon, twice-baked potato, haricot vert, pound cake and your choice of wine. Call or visit the website to make reservations.
- The Winery at Holy Cross Abbey – Call or email the Winery to book a Valentine’s Day wine tasting flight. You’ll get 13 wines for $8 along with a complimentary plate of brownie bites made by Chef Ron Portice at the Abbey. The Winery is also offering a three pack of any wines for 20% off.
- Jax Fish House and Oyster Bar – Check out Jax’s Valentine’s Day weekend pop-up. Seafood is for lovers, and this three-course, take-home seafood dinner will send sparks flying. Enjoy a $120 meal for two that includes finish-at-home lobster risotto, a sustainable Pacific ahi tuna bento box and king crab menus. Add on sustainable caviar, ice-cold raw bar platters, house-made dessert and deeply discounted champagne. You can also dine in for a three-course Valentine’s prix fixe menu at $65 per person. Call or visit the website to make reservations.
- Garden of the Gods Resort – Make reservations for a special Valentine’s Day dinner at the Grand View Dining Room and Patio at Garden of the Gods Resort. Select from one of the special prix fixe menus set at $80 per person with the option to add wine pairings for an additional $30.
Ignite your sense of adventure.
In the Pikes Peak Region, our love language is adventure. Grab your main squeeze and book one of these incredible activities that will bring you closer than ever.
- Ice climb with Front Range Climbing Company – Book a beginner ice climbing half-day adventure at Lake George. A group of two climbers costs $390 and will come with all the equipment you need. Add on a GoPro camera, wool socks and hand warmers if desired. After a chilly day climbing, it’s the perfect excuse to cozy up against your honey with a cup of hot cocoa.
- Hang with the wolves at Colorado Wolf and Wildlife Center – Perfect for animal lovers, this Valentine’s Day special event will take you on a special tour of the resident animals, including a special tour on Chinook’s nature trail where you’ll hear the story of “The Lovers.” Guests will receive a flower, snacks and seasonal drinks. Adult tickets are $40 per person, and children are $20 per person. Call ahead to reserve a spot.
- Ride the love train at the Royal Gorge Route Railroad – Hop aboard the spectacular Royal Gorge Route Railroad for a Valentine’s Day three-course lunch or dinner. Choose from one of five seasonal entrees, a salad and chef’s choice dessert while taking in the gorgeous views. Book online.
- Take an epic Valentine’s Day excursion with Great Outdoors Adventures – Explore the stunning Pike National Forest in a cozy off-road vehicle. You’ll get cookies, hot chocolate and of course, quality time with your loved one.
For more ideas for how to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your significant other this year, check out our events page.