The hometown airport of the Pikes Peak region, Colorado Springs is known for its convenience, comfort and friendly neighborhood feel. It’s a great option for residents traveling outbound, as well as visitors and meeting/convention attendees coming into town.
Colorado Springs already includes four major carriers, American Airlines, Delta, Frontier and United. On March 11, 2021, Southwest Airlines® joins the roster bringing even more flights and fare options to Colorado Springs travelers. Curious what this addition means for the region? Here are the top benefits and what you can expect.
- Added convenience. COS Airport is already known for its convenience due to its proximity to downtown, close and affordable parking, short walk to the gate and uncrowded, safe environment. The addition of another major carrier means travelers can choose from their favorite airlines and book the best possible flight.
- More flights and fare options. Beginning March 11, 2021, Southwest will fly nonstop to five destinations from COS with a total of 13 flights per day. Routes include Chicago (Midway), Dallas (Love Field), Denver, Las Vegas and Phoenix. Added competition for flights should lead to more competitive fares with Denver.
- Bigger domestic network. Southwest Airlines® has the largest domestic network of all carriers, serving 157 airports across the U.S. With the Colorado Springs market added, it will complement Southwest’s service in Denver, providing convenient access to the full Southwest Airlines network and new options that don’t currently exist.
- Economic boost. Increased usage of the COS Airport increases airline efficiency, raises revenues and helps lower costs, making it even easier for air carriers to be profitable in the region. It will also allow the region to reach a new sector of visitors and residents who exclusively use Southwest as their airline of choice and didn’t previously book through COS.
- Southwest love. Southwest will bring even more love to COS with benefits like low fares, no change fees and up to two bags checked for free. For a limited time, the new routes are discounted even further. Travelers can book now for March 11 trips at https://coloradosprings.gov/flycos.
(Disclaimer: Failure to cancel a reservation at least 10 minutes prior to scheduled departure may result in forfeited travel funds. No change fees, but fare difference may apply. First and second checked bags are free. Weight and size limits apply.)