LGBTQIA+ Owned Businesses
- Club Q – Named Colorado Springs’ best gay club, Club Q offers late-night entertainment from drag performances to GoGo auditions.
- Eden Salon and Barbershop – A beauty parlor dedicated to encouraging creative freedom, Eden Salon is home to various stylists who each offer unique services.
- Headliners Hair Studio – This LGBTQ+, minority woman-owned hair studio strives to make each customer feel welcomed and leave feeling empowered.
- ICONS – Check out Colorado Springs’ newest gay piano bar, with nightly karaoke, performances and more.
- Latisha Hardy Dance & Co Ltd – This studio provides dance training in an empowering environment, making students feel enlightened while growing their self-esteem and confidence. Now with a downtown location!
- Montage Salon & MODO Salon – The premier Hair Salon in Colorado Springs, offering you a wide range of styling services and products to give you the look you want. With an extensive selection, we’ve got you covered for whatever you need.
- Nexus Community Fitness – A new gym focused on creating a more inclusive fitness community in Colorado Springs! While building strength, Nexus empowers, supports and welcomes all walks of life.
- Painting with a Twist (North) – Channel your inner Picasso and drink wine while painting your very own masterpiece!
- Pens & Needles Custom Tattoo Company – Get your friends together and get inked at this LGBTQIA+-owned business!
Courtesy of Picnic Basket Catering.
- Picnic Basket – Offering delicious and locally sourced food, Picnic Basket is arguably one of the best caterers in Colorado Springs.
LGBTQIA+ Resources and Events
- Ahorita: Salsa Bachata Social Pride Party - Head over to Latisha Hardy Dance & Co. for their June Pride Party! Enjoy a beginner lesson and come dressed in your best rainbow colors to brighten up the evening.
Image courtesy of the 2019 Colorado Springs PrideFest.
- Colorado Springs PrideFest – Although the annual PrideFest will not take place in 2021, there are lots of fun pride events organized throughout the city during the week of June 13!
- Colorado Springs Queer Collective – Fosters community leadership, education and empowerment with a mission to address inequality, re-invest in local community and celebrate the creative contributions of queer and trans people.
- Gay Colorado – A gay-owned company, Gay Colorado provides a LGBTQIA+ resource guide state by state showcasing LGBTQIA+ friendly businesses from Travel, Wedding and Business Listings.
Photo courtesy of Inside Out Youth Services.
- Inside Out Youth Services – An organization dedicated to empowering, educating and advocating for LGBTQIA+ youth from Southern Colorado, primarily in El Paso and Teller counties.
- One Colorado – The state’s leading advocacy organization dedicated to advancing equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer Coloradans and their families. This includes lobbying local and state government on issues like safe schools, transgender equality and LGBTQIA+ health and human services.
- The Unified Court of the Pikes Peak Empower – As the oldest LGBTQ organization in Southern Colorado, they conduct charitable and public service projects and events to benefit charities and provide social and charitable activities for the benefit of the LGBTQIA+ community.
- UCCS LGBTQ Resource Center – An integral part of the Multicultural Office for Student Access, Inclusiveness and Community (MOSAIC) at the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs. It exists as part of the University’s ongoing commitment to promoting equal opportunity for successful academic, social and personal development for all LGBTQIA+ students and their allies in a safe and supportive environment.
- 2nd Annual Juneteenth, Pride and Black Music Month Story Time – On Saturday, June 19, Lil’ Miss Story Hour will partner with the Colorado Springs Juneteenth Festival for a storytime event. A family-friendly event, the event will celebrate with a variety of artists, crafts, and picture books!