There are Colorado Springs events and holidays happening around the region all year long. Check out our top annual events below or view our full Colorado Springs Community Calendar of Events.
Here is a sampling of our annual Colorado Springs events and holiday specials:
- Cripple Creek Ice Festival - Local and world-famous sculptors create beautiful displays of ice.
- Valentine's Day Events - With love in the air and deals on our site, you'll be sure to find that "something special" for your special someone.
- Bighorn Sheep Day - Spot the bighorn sheep herd at the Garden of the Gods and enjoy various family-friendly activities all day.
- Mumbo Jumbo Gumbo Cook-Off- Fill your bellies, warm your bones and cheer on competitors at this year’s annual gumbo cook-off in Manitou Springs!
- Earth Day - Celebrate our beautiful planet with festivals, clean-ups and more.
- Cinco De Mayo - Find authentic Mexican restaurants where you can celebrate this holiday at.
- Canon City Music & Blossom Festival - Four days of a variety of events including the Blossom Carnival, Blossom Parade, a national band competition and the Royal Gorge Rodeo.
- Mother's Day Specials - Treat Mom to something special this Mother's Day. Find brunch and attraction ideas.
- Territory Days - Celebrate the heritage of the Old West with entertainment, crafts and delicious food.
- U.S. Air Force Graduation - See more than 1,000 cadets toss their hats into the Colorado sky to mark the accomplishment.
- Manitou Springs Wine Festival - Enjoy the quaint town of Manitou Springs at the Manitou Springs Colorado Wine Festival featuring wine sampling from 25 Colorado wineries.
- Father's Day Specials - Find things to do with Dad on his special day.
- Colorado Springs Summer Rodeo Series - Experience true western adventure as a spectator or in one of the participatory events for both young and young at heart. Western dinner before and rodeo concert and balloon glow after. June 15, 22 and 29.
- Pikes Peak Airstrip Attack - 1/2 mile, side-by-side, roll start races on an active runway at Colorado Springs Airport! June 20.
- Royal Gorge Whitewater Festival - With twenty different challenges to choose from, this adventurous festival has something for everyone. Spectators have just as much fun as participants watching the wet and wild events.
- Donkey Derby Days - Enjoy a festive parade and cheer on your favorite donkey as they participate in a 12-mile race from Victor to Cripple Creek.
- Pikes Peak International Hill Climb - What takes the average tourist about an hour to drive, the professional drivers make in 10 minutes! Witness the world's highest auto race and one of the most grueling events in all of motor racing.
- 4th of July Celebrations - Plan your 4th of July activities with these ideas.
- Colorado Springs Summer Rodeo Series - Experience true western adventure as a spectator or in one of the participatory events for both young and young at heart. Western dinner before and rodeo concert and balloon glow after. July 6 and 27.
- Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo - A premier rodeo competition sanctioned by the Pro Rodeo Cowboys Association. Hoot 'n holler for steer wrestling, bareback broncs, tie-down roping, bull riding and women's barrel racing.
- El Paso County Fair - Go to the fair and enjoy all of the traditional fair favorites: food, 4H animal shows, nightly events and much more!
- Rocky Mountain State Games - Colorado's largest sports festival, the Rocky Mountain State Games offers athletes of all ages and abilities the opportunity to compete in one or more of the 35+ sports offered.
Colorado Springs Summer Rodeo Series - Experience true western adventure as a spectator or in one of the participatory events for both young and young at heart. Western dinner before and rodeo concert and balloon glow after. August 3, 10, 17.
- Vino & Notes Wine Festival - Celebrate jazz, food & wine at this festival held in Woodland Park.
- Mountain Arts Festival - Browse a variety of quality art in Woodland Park from artists from around the nation.
- Pikes Peak Ascent and Marathon - Runners tackle Pikes Peak via Barr Trail in what is one of the toughest marathons in the U.S.
- Labor Day Weekend Events - A three day weekend is made for exploring the city. Enjoy everything from hot air balloons to an arts and crafts festival.
Colorado Springs Science Festival - This week long celebration of everything science includes hands-on activities, open laboratories, student research presentations and science demonstrations that are fun for all ages.
- Emma Crawford Coffin Race - The legend of Emma Crawford lives on in the wacky Coffin Race in Manitou Springs.
- Halloween - Find kid-friendly and scary things to do, Halloween parties and more.
- Thanksgiving Specials- Whether you're looking for a traditional Thanksgiving meal or something a little more unique, you'll be thankful to enjoy these wonderful Thanksgiving specials. Then take the family on a unique Thanksgiving activity!
- Festival of Lights - Everyone loves an old-fashioned parade with floats, animals, lights, music and of course, Santa!
- New Year's Eve - Ring in the new year in style at any of these celebratory events in Colorado Springs!