Our experienced planners know the ins and outs of the Colorado Springs region and can help plan an amazing itinerary as a complimentary service to you. Please contact Floy Kennedy by phone at 719.685.7635 or by using our contact form.
Ancient Rocks and Ancient Culture
On your trip to Colorado Springs, make sure not to miss the breathtaking beauty of the Garden of the Gods rock formations and learn about the ancient culture of Southwest Indians.
- Garden of the Gods Visitor and Nature Center - A short drive offers a spectacular and unique view of the famous red rock formations of the region. Get an up-close look at how those red rocks got there in their new HD theater show.
- Garden of the Gods Trading Post - Head west where you can shop for unique and beautiful souvenirs of the region. With six expansions since it's start in the 1920's, the Trading Post has become Colorado's largest trading post.
- Manitou Cliff Dwellings - This rare, historical treasure was built by the Ancestral Puebloans more than 700 years ago. At this unique attraction you are free to touch and even go inside these architectural remnants of an American Indian culture from the Four Corners region.
From amazing landscapes to extreme engineering to wild west shows, Cañon City and the Royal Gorge provide unique stops for any family expedition.
- Royal Gorge Bridge and Park - You can walk or drive across the world's highest suspension bridge, which spans the gorge 1,053 feet above the Arkansas River.
- Royal Gorge Route Railroad - Established in 1879, this railroad combines Colorado history, spectacular scenery, and unique dining options on a leisurely 24-mile journey through the breathtaking Royal Gorge.
Find more things to do in Canon City.
Giddy Up, Cowboy!
Always wanted to live out your dream of becoming a cowboy? Take this opportunity to immerse yourself in the culture of the American West. Ride, eat, and learn about the lifestyle of the American cowboy.
- ProRodeo Hall of Fame - Here you'll enjoy tributes to cowboys participating in the professional sport of rodeo, including live rodeo animals and special exhibits in the new rodeo arena.
- Academy Riding Stables - Whether you're an experienced rider or just a beginner, their trained cowboys have the knowledge and skill to ensure you have an amazing experience.
Military, Mining, and Museums
From the history of Colorado's past to the young people that make up part of America's future, explore Colorado's beauty and industry.
- United States Air Force Academy - An early morning drive is a great way to take you to the grounds of the United States Air Force Academy, where you will enjoy an informative exhibit about cadet life in the spacious Visitor Center and Gift Shop. Don't miss the short hike along a nature trail to the famous Cadet Chapel.
For personalized help and professional attention, please contact our Motorcoach Group Department and we will be happy to suggest an exciting itinerary that is sure to "wow". Help us, help you!
Contact Floy Kennedy by email or call us at 800.888.4748 ext. 135.
The experienced staff of the Colorado Springs CVB is eager to show you how to create an itinerary to complement your Colorado Springs event. Our How-To Guide will walk you through the process step-by-step and we are available to answer your questions about how to make an itinerary.
Step-by-Step Guide – How to Create an Itinerary
Review and answer the questions below – then use one of our many resources that can show you how to make an itinerary that is perfect for your group and your budget.
- Western Museum of Mining and Industry - This museum explores Colorado's rich and colorful mining past where you'll even see the actual operation of reconstructed multi-ton steam engines, drills, locomotives, and more.
- National Musuem of WWII Aviation - Spend a few hours exploring the role of aviation in WWII and see restored planes from the era.
- How many people are in your group?
- What is the desired level of activity and adventure – wild or mild?
- What is your total budget or budget per person?
- Do you wish to be outdoors or indoors?