55 Attractions in 5 days
An Epic Adventure Across the Colorado Springs Region
Start Planning Now
- Meeting Planners
- Travel Professionals
- About the CVB
- Contact Us
1. What is the #1 natural attraction in the Pikes Peak region?
2. Where in Colorado Springs can you learn the “wrist dexterity” needed to pan for gold?
3. Which Pikes Peak region tourist attraction calls itself the “Grandest Mile of Scenery in Colorado”?
4. What is the name of the world’s highest suspension bridge?
5. What place was once called “City of Millionaires”?
6. What inspired Katharine Lee Bates to write “America the Beautiful”?
7. Who staged the world’s highest art exhibit on top of Pikes Peak in 1984?
8.What seven Presidents have been speakers at the Air Force Academy graduation?
9. What popular breakfast food was originated in the 1890s by a Colorado Springs cereal food company?
10.Who first discovered gold in Cripple Creek in 1878, sold his claim for $500 and died broke?
11. At sunrise, the shadow of Pikes Peak can extend as far as how many miles to the west?
12. Who opened a restaurant on Pikes Peak Avenue in Colorado Springs in the late teens and early 20s and served one item that became so popular it went on to be sold in cans and is still a best-seller today? Name the man and the product.
13. The Pauline Chapel near The Broadmoor Hotel is designed after what private chapel?
14. The Army’s Fort Carson was named after whom?
15. What is the “eagle’s nest” castle home of the founder of Colorado Springs?
16. What is the oldest attraction in the Pikes Peak region?
17. What is the #1 man-made attraction in Colorado Springs?
18. What is the “little English cottage” that housed Dr. William Bell?
1. Garden of the Gods
2. Western Museum of Mining & Industry and Pikes Peak Ghost Town Museum
3. Seven Falls
4. Royal Gorge Bridge
5. Colorado Springs
6. A trip to the summit of Pikes Peak
7. Art students from Cheyenne Mountain High School
8. Kennedy, Nixon, Reagan, Bush Sr., Clinton, Bush Jr. and Obama
9. Shredded Wheat
10. Bob Womack
11. 50 miles
12. George Stokes – chili
13. The Vatican Chapel
14. Kit Carson
15. Glen Eyrie
16. Cave of the Winds (450 million)
17. Air Force Academy Visitor Center and Chapel
18. Briarhurst Manor