There are Colorado Springs community events happening around the region all year long. The Colorado Springs Community Events Calendar has more information on events and festivals in the Pikes Peak region - please visit our Calendar of Events
Here is a sampling of our annual events;
- Great Fruitcake Toss - Cake tossers compete for trophies and bragging rights as the hapless dessert is launched into space by a variety of mechanical and pneumatic devices.
- Cripple Creek Ice Festival - Local and world-famous sculptors create beautiful displays of ice.
- Bighorn Sheep Day - Spot the bighorn sheep herd at the Garden of the Gods and enjoy various family-friendly activities all day.
- Easter Brunch & Activities - find Easter brunch options, Easter egg hunt locations and other fun Easter day activities for the family.
- Mother's Day Specials - Treat Mom to something special this Mother's Day. Find brunch and attraction ideas.
- Territory Days - Celebrate the heritage of the Old West with entertainment, crafts and delicious food.
- U.S. Air Force Graduation - See more than 1,000 cadets toss their hats into the Colorado sky to mark the accomplishment.
- Donkey Derby Days - Enjoy a festive parade and cheer on your favorite donkey as they participate in a 12-mile race from Victor to Cripple Creek.
- Pikes Peak International Hill Climb - What takes the average tourist about an hour to drive, the professional drivers make in 10 minutes! Witness the world's highest auto race and one of the most grueling events in all of motor racing.
- Royal Gorge Whitewater Festival - With twenty different challenges to choose from, this adventurous festival has something for everyone. Spectators have just as much fun as participants watching the wet and wild events.
- Manitou Springs Wine Festival - Enjoy tastings from over 20 different Colorado wineries, yummy food and live entertainment in this mountain town.
- Springs Spree - Celebrate the beauty of Colorado Springs with a carnival, car show, BMX bike stunt show, live music and much more in Memorial Park.
- Pikes Peak or Bust Rodeo - A premier rodeo competition sanctioned by the Pro Rodeo Cowboys Association. Hoot 'n holler for steer wrestling, bareback broncs, tie-down roping, bull riding and women's barrel racing.
- Rocky Mountain State Games - Colorado's largest sports festival, the Rocky Mountain State Games offers athletes of all ages and abilities the opportunity to compete in one or more of the 35+ sports offered.
- Pikes Peak Marathon - Runners tackle Pikes Peak via Barr Trail in what is one of the toughest marathons in the U.S.
Colorado Springs Science Festival - This week long celebration of everything science includes hands-on activities, open laboratories, student research presentations and science demonstrations that are fun for all ages.
- Thanksgiving Specials- Whether you're looking for a traditional Thanksgiving meal or something a little more unique, you'll be thankful to enjoy these wonderful Thanksgiving specials. Then take the family on a unique Thanksgiving activity!
- Festival of Lights - Everyone loves an old-fashioned parade with floats, animals, lights, music and of course, Santa!
- New Year's Eve - Ring in the new year in style at any of these celebratory events in Colorado Springs!