10 Reasons to Choose Colorado Springs as Your Meeting Destination
"We had 578 attendees and 172 exhibitors there for our 42nd Annual Conference in November. Both figures were significantly higher than the year before - and we think it was because of the Colorado Springs location."
Abby Tammen, CMP
Associate Executive Director
National Association of College Auxiliary Services
Check out the recent feature on Colorado Springs as a meeting destination on MSN.com - Cities of Convention Wisdom
by Rebecca Schoenkopf.
As a meeting planner, you have a wide range of choices when selecting a destination for your meetings, conventions, events and group tours. Why should Colorado Springs be at the top of your meeting destination short list? Here are 10 reasons why:
- Complimentary services - We will work with hotels and venues to have proposals sent directly to you, and we also provide personalized site visit plans, promotional items, attendee items, itinerary development, permitting advice, contact information and transportation assistance.
- Fantastic Accommodations & Flexible Meeting Space – With over 14,000 city-wide rooms, 5,000 of which are located at full-service properties, as well as over 400,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, Colorado Springs has the capacity to meet your event needs.
- Convenient access – Whether flying or driving, your attendees will have easy, convenient access to the meeting destination. The Colorado Springs Airport is a great option with over 100 arrivals and departures daily. Denver International Airport is also a quick 70 miles north. And the city is positioned right along the Front Range and I-25 corridor for easy driving access.
- Save time, money and more - When you call the Colorado Springs CVB, you have a single-source for all your event planning needs. With our professional and customer-focused assistance, you will save time and money during the meeting destination selection and planning process. Minimize your frustration and maximize your success!
- We're focused on YOU - We provide personal, hands-on service to assist you with each step of the selection and planning process. Whether you're a seasoned or first-time planner, we'll tailor our efforts.
- Ongoing support - Not only can we help you book your event, we're here to assist as the event date draws near. Our service manager will have you on her calendar to get in touch and provide assistance for services, activities and other event details when the time is right for you.
- From here to there - Let us help provide you with transportation solutions so that your attendees are moved efficiently and safely among venues and to and from activities.
- Local experts - Each member of our sales team is intimately familiar with the lodging, venue and activity choices in the Colorado Springs area. We can quickly determine if your event is a good fit for our area and which of our members can best meet your needs.
- Promotional support - Once you've selected Colorado Springs as your meeting destination, let us help you promote your event with images, promotional copy, DVDs, PR contacts and local PR support. We can provide complimentary bags (made of recycled plastic), Official Visitor Guides and maps. Other promotional items are available in limited quantities for a small fee.
- It's Colorado Springs! Colorado is the 5th most desired state for people to visit and Colorado Springs is a top destination for leisure travelers. Your event attendees will be thrilled to find out that you've booked their event in such a beautiful and exciting meeting destination with plenty of off-time attractions and activities to get out and explore.