"We had 578 attendees and 172 exhibitors there for our 42nd Annual Conference in November. Both figures were significantly higher than the year before - and we think it was because of the Colorado Springs location."
Abby Tammen, CMP
Associate Executive Director
National Association of College Auxiliary Services
As a planner, there is a wide range of destinations to choose from when selecting the right location for your meeting, convention, event or group tour. We have a long list of reasons why Colorado Springs should be at the top of your list. Already booked in Colorado Springs? Looking for the perfect off-site venue? We have a variety of unique sites and facilities to provide your attendees with a memorable and successful event. Check out the feature on Colorado Springs as a meeting destination on MSN.com - Cities of Convention Wisdom by Rebecca Schoenkopf.
When reviewing your options for meeting locations, here are our top reasons to choose Colorado Springs.
- It's Colorado Springs! Colorado is the 5th most desired state for people to visit and Colorado Springs is a top destination for leisure travelers. Your event attendees will be thrilled to find out that you've booked their event in such a beautiful and exciting meeting destination with plenty of attractions and activities to get out and explore in their free time.
- Complimentary services - We will work with hotels and venues to have proposals sent directly to you, and we also provide personalized site visit itineraries, promotional items, attendee items, permitting advice, contact information and transportation assistance.
- Fantastic Accommodations & Flexible Meeting Space – With over 14,000 city-wide rooms, 5,000 of which are located at full-service properties, as well as over 400,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, Colorado Springs has the capacity to meet your event needs.
- Convenient access – Whether flying or driving, your attendees will find access into Colorado Springs easy and convenient. The Colorado Springs Airport is a great option with more than 65 arrivals and departures daily. Denver International Airport is also a quick 70 miles north. The city is positioned right along the Front Range and I-25 corridor for easy driving access.
- Save time, money and more - When you call the Colorado Springs CVB, you have a single-source for all your event planning needs. With our professional and customer-focused assistance, you will save time and money during the meeting destination selection and planning process. Minimize your frustration and maximize your success!
- We're focused on YOU - We provide personal, hands-on service to assist you with each step of the selection and planning process. Whether you're a seasoned or first-time planner, we'll tailor our efforts to fit your needs.
- Ongoing support - Not only can we help you book your event, we're here to assist as the event date draws near. Our service manager will provide assistance for services, activities and other event details when the time is right for you.
- From here to there - Let us help provide you with transportation solutions so that your attendees are moved efficiently and safely among venues and to and from activities.
- Local experts - Each member of our sales team is intimately familiar with the lodging, venue and activity choices in the Colorado Springs area. We can quickly determine if your event is a good fit for our area and which of our members can best meet your needs.
- Promotional support - Once you've selected Colorado Springs as your meeting destination, let us help you promote your event with images, promotional copy, DVDs, PR contacts and local PR support. We can provide complimentary bags (made of recycled plastic), Official Visitor Guides and maps. Other promotional items are available in limited quantities for a small fee.
Meeting Planner Guide