Updated Week of 7/17/16
Here is an update on various temporary closures, re-openings and newly announced events:
What is Open
- The Manitou Incline is now open after repairs to the middle section. The 1-mile, 2,000-ft. vertical rise, 2,700+ step trail never looked so good! Remember that parking in the lot is limited to about 35 vehicles and parking along Ruxton Avenue is pay parking only - read the street signs carefully so you don't get a parking ticket. Starting May 1, 2016, park for free behind the Tajine Alami Moroccan Restaurant at 10 Old Man's Trail and take the free shuttle to the trailhead (Bus Route 33). Please note: The Incline will be closing again for Phase 2 of repairs from Aug. 22-Dec. 2, 2016.
- The Broadmoor Seven Falls has been reimagined, reinvented and reopened! Guests now park at The Broadmoor and take a shuttle bus to the attraction to enjoy the Grandest Mile of Scenery in Colorado and much, much more. Click here for details.
- Royal Gorge Region attractions and activities are all currently open. There is a fire in Coaldale Colorado, which is approximately 38 miles west of Canon City and the Royal Gorge Bridge & Park. Depending on the winds, smoke/haze may be visible.
Current & Upcoming Closures
- Flying W Ranch is currently closed. Updates will be posted as they become availabe. Their goal is to reopen summer of 2017.
- Interstate 25 will have periodic overnight lane, exit and shoulder closures for the construction of the Cimarron Interchange (exit 141). Click the link for specific updates on theproject. Be aware of reduced speeds and double fines in the workzone.
- The Manitou Incline will be closed from Aug. 22-Dec. 2, 2016 to undergo Phase 2 of repairs.
- Garden of the Gods Park - All roads and parking lots throughout the park will be closed from 8 pm until morning beginning July 6, 2016. Roads and parking lots are being repaved. The work will take approximately 3 weeks.
The El Paso County Sheriff's Office has implemented stage I fire restrictions because of the increasing fire danger. The ban covers unincorporated areas of El Paso County.
Effective immediately, the following activities are prohibited:
1. Open burning, excepting fires and campfires within permanently constructed fire grates in developed campgrounds and picnic grounds; charcoal grills and wood burning stoves at private residences in areas cleared of all flammable materials.
2. The sale or use of fireworks.
3. Outdoor smoking except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable materials.
The restrictions remain in place indefinitely.
Other Items of Interest: