Updated Week of 3/29/15
Here is an update on various temporary closures, re-openings and newly announced events:
What is Open
- The Manitou Incline reopened December 5 after repairs to the middle section. The 1-mile, 2,000-ft. vertical rise, 2,700+ step trail never looked so good!
- Garden of the Gods Visitor & Nature Center has reopened to the public with regular winter hours from 9:00am to 5:00pm daily. Visitors will be able to access the Center through the west and south entrances of the building. The parking lot is accessible from either end. Visit their website for additional info about the park. The Visitor & Nature Center will celebrate its 20th anniversary on May 16, 2015.
- The Royal Gorge Bridge & Park is now open. Visit royalgorgebridge.com for the most up-to-date information. Their grand re-opening ceremony will be Friday, May 8. Join us for the celebration and to see the park!
- U.S. Air Force Academy is open to the public. Visitors have access through the North Gate (exit 156) from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., seven days a week. These hours coincide with those of the Air Force Academy Visitor Center and Chapel.
What is Closed
- The Broadmoor's Seven Falls Experience is closed until Summer 2015 due to facility repairs and upgrades. Click here for images and updates.
- The Flying W Ranch is currently closed, but recently announced plans to break ground on a 700- to 900-seat building that will open in 2016, serving Chuckwagon suppers and entertaining crowds with the Flying W Wranglers.
Other Updates & News