Updated Week of 6/28/15
Here is an update on various temporary closures, re-openings and newly announced events:
What is Open
- The Manitou Incline is now open after repairs to the middle section. The 1-mile, 2,000-ft. vertical rise, 2,700+ step trail never looked so good! Remember that parking in the lot is limited to about 35 vehicles and parking along Ruxton Avenue is pay parking only - read the street signs carefully so you don't get a parking ticket. Park for free behind the Tajine Alami Moroccan Restaurant at 10 Old Man's Trail and take the free shuttle to the trailhead.
- Garden of the Gods Visitor & Nature Center celebrated its 20th anniversary on May 15, 2015 with new interactive museum-quality exhibits and a new short time-travel film that answers the question, "How Did Those Red Rocks Get There?". The facility is open 8 a.m. - 7: p.m. daily in the summer months.
- The Royal Gorge Bridge & Park is now open with a new visitor center, aerial tram and zipline - more improvements are in progress. Visit royalgorgebridge.com for the most up-to-date information.
Event Street Closures (downtown Colorado Springs)
Pikes Peak of Bust Rodeo Parade
Tuesday, July 7, 6:30-8 p.m., Tejon from St. Vrain to Vermijo
Current Closures that will Reopen Soon
- The Broadmoor Seven Falls is currently closed and scheduled to reopen later in August 2015. Click here for updates.
- Flying W Ranch is currently closed, but recently announced plans to break ground in 2015 on a 700 to 900-seat building that will open in 2016, serving Chuckwagon suppers and entertaining crowds with the Flying W Wranglers.
- Red Rock Open Space and several trails are temporarily closed or portions of the trail are closed due to recent rainfall. Please click here or updated information.
Other Updates & News