Updated Week of 5/24/15
Here is an update on various temporary closures, re-openings and newly announced events:
What is Open
- The Manitou Incline is now open after repairs to the middle section. The 1-mile, 2,000-ft. vertical rise, 2,700+ step trail never looked so good! Remember that parking in the lot is limited to about 35 vehicles and parking along Ruxton Avenue is pay parking only - read the street signs carefully so you don't get a parking ticket.
- Garden of the Gods Visitor & Nature Center celebrated its 20th anniversary on May 15, 2015 with new interactive exhibits and a new short film that answers the question, "How Did Those Red Rocks Get There?". The facility is open 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. (winter hours) and 8 a.m. - 7: p.m. daily in the summer months.
- The Royal Gorge Bridge & Park is now open with a new visitor center, aerial tram and zipline - more improvements are in progress. Visit royalgorgebridge.com for the most up-to-date information.
Current Closures that will Reopen Soon
- The Broadmoor Seven Falls Experience is currently closed and scheduled to reopen later in the summer of 2015. Click here for images and updates.
- The Flying W Ranch is currently closed, but recently announced plans to break ground in 2015 on a 700 to 900-seat building that will open in 2016, serving Chuckwagon suppers and entertaining crowds with the Flying W Wranglers.
- Several trails are temporarily closed due to recent rainfall: Rainbow Falls near Manitou Springs, The Pikes Peak Greenway Trail, The Midland Trail near 25th Street, three stretches of the Fountain Creek Regional Trail, Ute Pass Regional Trail in Green Mountain Falls and The Foothills Trail within Garden of the Gods between Gateway Road and the Navigators.
Other Updates & News