Updated Week of 10/04/15
Here is an update on various temporary closures, re-openings and newly announced events:
What is Open
- The Manitou Incline is now open after repairs to the middle section. The 1-mile, 2,000-ft. vertical rise, 2,700+ step trail never looked so good! Remember that parking in the lot is limited to about 35 vehicles and parking along Ruxton Avenue is pay parking only - read the street signs carefully so you don't get a parking ticket. Park for free behind the Tajine Alami Moroccan Restaurant at 10 Old Man's Trail and take the free shuttle to the trailhead.
- Garden of the Gods Visitor & Nature Center celebrated its 20th anniversary on May 15, 2015 with new interactive museum-quality exhibits and a new short time-travel film that answers the question, "How Did Those Red Rocks Get There?". The facility is open 8 a.m. - 7: p.m. daily in the summer months.
- The Royal Gorge Bridge & Park is now open with a new visitor center, aerial tram and zipline - more improvements are in progress. Visit royalgorgebridge.com for the most up-to-date information.
- The Broadmoor Seven Falls has been reimagined, reinvented and reopened! Guests now park at The Broadmoor and take a shuttle bus to the attraction to enjoy the Grandest Mile of Scenery in Colorado and much, much more. Click here for details.
Current Closures that will Reopen Soon
- Flying W Ranch is currently closed, but recently announced plans to break ground in 2015 on a 700 to 900-seat building that will open in 2016, serving Chuckwagon suppers and entertaining crowds with the Flying W Wranglers.
- Interstate 25 will have periodic overnight lane closures and shoulder closures for the construction of the Cimarron Interchange (exit 141) and Fillmore Interchange (exit 145). Click the links for specific updates on each project. Be aware of reduced speeds and double fines in the workzones.
Other Updates & News